Sunday, February 10, 2008

FREE at last...sort of.

We're free, we're free!!!!!!! Well, for a few days anyway. Caden's counts came up high enough to be released. They are still not in normal range and he is at risk, but not high enough to be hospitalized. So we will be at the Ronald McDonald house anywhere between 3 and 5 days. That is if he does not get a fever and/or there is room at the hospital. They have been at capacity and have been running out of room. A few days ago they moved us from our private room to a shared room. I don't know how many of you have shared a room with a strange family, but I am very sleep deprived. It's nice for Caden to have a change of scenery. He was able to breathe in fresh air today for the first time in over a month. The things we all take for granted.

I will be flying up to Alaska at the end of this month to get some things and most importantly Cameron! He will be coming back down to Seattle with me to finish up first grade and the start of summer. It will be nice to have both boys together and my Mom will be here to help. Oh, and don't ask exactly when. I'm not telling. I'll just show up!!! I'll only be up for a few days and I will have many things to accomplish. If I don't get to see some of you, I am sorry, but I will be back for good hopefully by the end of July.

Please continue the thoughts and prayers, we have much further to go. They are helping and appreciated more then you know.

Schelly

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Prayer for Caden J and family

Heavenly Father, we acknowledge that You are the Creator and Sustainer of all things, and that all we have is a gift from You. We ask now, in accordance with Your will for us, that you create for Caden J and his family, a place of light and safety, at the hospital and at Ronald McDonald House, so that they may come and fellowship with You, as Your children, in peace and truth, and so that Caden may be about the business of being healed and restored. We ask Lord Jesus, that You would be present in it and protect them. May this place of safety be used to draw others within, to You. " 'For I,' says the Lord, 'will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst' ". We ask that You would set angels from Your heavenly host to guard and protect it and them, according to Your Word, which says "For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Thank You for Your promises and presence, Father, for in Jesus' Name we ask, according to Your Word, and in faith we receive. Amen.