Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Quite a Scare

Well, we had a pretty good scare. Caden was doing so great with the 4th round. Better then anyone expected. Then he started running a high fever, throwing up, not eating and drinking. He had gotten a blood infection. Not sure exactly where it came from, but it was bad. His Temp ran from 104-105 for three days. He was almost moved to the ICU. It was very scary, and he was a shell of himself. I pray that no one has to see their own child like that. He was on several different antibiotics and he was not responding. Finally something is working because his fever has broken, or so we think. His counts have not started to come up yet. In fact the fever has wiped out all of his platelets. He has had several platelets and blood infusions since this infection. Thank God for all the people that donate blood. He lost a significant amount of weight so he is now on IV nutrients. He is starting to drink again but he is not eating. We are so near the end of this I can hardly wait!!! I am in Alaska right now, just for 2 days. It is such a tease to be back in my home and I am not able to stay. It is weird to be here with Cameron without Caden. Duty calls though, several things I had to resolve. Caden is in good hands with my Mom. Please pray for us, for a quick recovery and an uneventful 5th round. One more and we are done!!!

No comments: