Saturday, September 11, 2010

New House, New School

Wow....it's been 6 months since my last post. Time sure does pass quickly! Speaking of time...we celebrated Caden's 2 year mark in remission!!! We went to the rain forest cafe at the South Center mall. He loved the volcano cake!

He had his 2 year visit and his counts came back well. His platelets are still not in the normal range, but this could take years. We are blessed with good health so I can't really ask for more.

The boys went to California to visit my Mom and the rest of my family for several weeks this summer. They returned on the 17th of August to a new house in Seattle!!! A REAL house...not a condo, not an apartment....a house with an awesome yard! The best part for them...they have their own rooms for the first time!! They are very happy.

They started school last week; 4th and 1st grade. They are in a pretty good school. I was worried about them being placed in two different schools, but they are together! I was relieved.

We are still getting everything set up here in the new house and getting to know our new neighborhood. Things are going very well with my job. I started a new position with Army Corps of Engineers in Finance and Accounting a couple months ago. Still slowly working my way up the ladder, let's hope I like what I see when I get to the top!

Caden's speech is doing so much better! He has graduated to visits every 6 months to check his counts. He will still have to have the echo cardiogram every year to check to make sure his heart is still strong. Other than that, just living a pretty normal life and he is just as active and silly as any other 6 year old boy!

There is a friend of mine that had been on my mind recently. His name is Dennis. He and Caden have a special bond, they are both amazing individuals with strong spirits and minds. Dennis has been in and out of the hospital his entire life due to his heart. Dennis had his 5th open heart surgery just before caden was done with treatment in 2008. Their bond is so special because they are both survivors and they share the same birthday!!! I decided to check the blog page for Dennis to check his status and it hasn't been updated in awhile, but it did remind me to come here and update Caden's blog. When I logged in I saw I had 3 messages; one from Dennis's sister!!!! Crazy huh. It was from back in April, but still...I sure hope Dennis is doing ok. Please give him our best Eunice (I am pretty sure that is your name, maybe spelled wrong??). I was surprised to see a couple other comments. I had no idea that anyone still viewed this blog! Thank you for remembering us and keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! I guess I should post more than every 6 months!!

I just realized what today is. The 9 year anniversary of 9/11. This is a very memorable day for all of us. I hope you all remember those that fell on this day; I will. I am thankful for my family and friends and our freedom. Take care.

No comments: